Women, we are all fantastic on a first date.
However, the guy you are out with may not always feel the same, and these are the seven most common reasons why.
1. The Anti-Text/Phone Ploy– You know you have done it before… pretended not to be near your phone so that you could leave a guy hanging. However, the problem with this technique, is while guys like women who are hard to get, when they seem a little too difficult, they tend to give up. Don’t play games. If you’re available, answer when he calls. Being overly busy does not give you bonus points.
2. Not Being Interesting– The easiest way to be interesting on any first date, is to find out what a guy likes, and then ask him all about it. Women tend to dominate most dating conversations by talking about themselves, and when we ask him a question, it is usually about something a guy doesn’t have much interest in. The best way to be interesting, is to find out what your date finds interesting, and then ask him all about it.
3. The Fake Dig– There is a lot of talk about who should pay for the first date. While I personally think that whoever did the asking, should also do the paying, I always go to a date with enough money to cover my own bill. However, one thing guys hate is when they can see a woman go for the ‘fake dig’. This is when you pretend like you are going to pay, but then smile when he finally steps in. If you expect him to pay, just smile and say thank you.
4. Bring Cash– However, even if you expect a guy to pay, he may not be on the same wavelength. This is why I always bring enough cash to cover my end of the date, plus a little extra to cover a cab ride home if things should come to that.
5. Dress For the Occasion– Guys love sexy outfits. However, he will appreciate you even more, if you just come prepared for the date. For one thing, overly provocative outfits just put one thing on a guys mind. The other thing is, it is hard to be a fun date when you are walking through a corn maze in high heels, or shaking across a winter festival in a mini skirt and light jacket.
6. Focus On One Date at a Time– Women have a way of getting carried away during a good first date and inviting themselves to other events. This comes off as a red flag to most any guy. The best attitude to have, is to just focus on one date at a time.
7 Bring Protection– I have the same rule as most women, and that is I never sleep with a guy on the first date. However, there are always events that can change the rules, which is why I come to a date prepared, and that includes money, confidence, and a couple sizes of condoms (hey, because you never know what you’re going to get).