Most women would agree that they would like to have sexy abs. However, what does that really mean, and can you really achieve this with a minimum of work? Well, if your idea of sexy is a ripped six-pack, then the lazy route is not going to get you too far. However, if you believe that sexy is a healthier and more shapely you, then it is absolutely true, and here’s five simple and easy steps to get you started.
1. Eat with a Friend– Studies have shown that when women eat alone, they are more likely to eat on the go, choose poorly, overeat, and feel guilty afterwards. When you eat with a friend, it allow you to slow down, choose healthier, chat between bites, and subsequently eat less. Stress eating is a big problem in most women’s lives, and one of the best ways to combat this is to eat with a good friend, who will help you feel better, and be less likely to take your frustrations out on a double chocolate cheesecake.
2. Be Pro-Protein– There is an abundance of research out there that suggests that refined carbs and sugars (white bread, donuts, white pasta, breakfast cereals, etc.) not only boosts insulin levels, but encourages the body to store more fat as a result. The easy way out, is to rid those carbs in exchange for whole grains, vegetables, and lean proteins. In other words, we’re talking about foods like quinoa, nuts, eggs, brocolli, spinach, zuchini, turkey, fish, and low-sugar yoghurt. You can’t get much easier than just making the right choices at the breakfast, lunch, and dinner table.
3. Minimize Soda Drinks– Soda water has the unpleasant effect of causing your stomach to bloat, which can make even a sexy stomach, feel and look not so sexy. The best way to combat this is to take some water, infuse some of your favorite herbs or fruits into it for a little added taste, and skip out on the carbonated stuff completely.
4. Stand Up Straight– My mother always told me to stand up straight for a picture, and it is true, that it will make almost any body look slimmer, healthier, and more youthful. However, there is another advantage. When you stand up straight, you work your back and stomach muscles, which helps them stay toned and flat. Too often a pot belly is more a result of weak stomach muscles, than excess of fat.
5. Get 8 Hours of Sleep Every Night– You’ve probably heard that sleep is good for you, but you may not have heard that it can help you lose weight. When your body is sleep deprived , it has a difficult time burning fat, thanks to a rise of the stress hormone, cortisol, which has the tendency to increase the levels of deep fat tissue in the body. In fact, a Canadian study suggests that just missing out on two to three hours of sleep most nights might explain that 10 to 15 pounds you never seem to be able to get rid of.