Have you ever uttered the phrase, “Always a girl friend, but never the girlfriend?” For those of you who are tired of being classified as a friend more than a lover, these tips are for you. There are nine essential ingredients that guys look for in a girlfriend. These include a woman with generosity, compassion, passion, dependability, attentiveness, curiosity, motivation, self-control, and patience. You may think that you portray all of these highly sought-after qualities, but are you really sure about that?
1. Generous– A partner who is generous is not someone who gives, expecting something in return. It is called manipulation when you use your gifts (physical or mental) to coerce a guy into doing or giving you what you want. Generosity should be a two-way street in a good relationship. However, should you decide to give, you should be willing to lose that part of yourself for the sake of making him happy. Generosity is a great quality to have, especially when no strings are attached.
2. Compassionate– When you are a compassionate lover, you make men feel great about who they are. You understand that we all have our flaws, and are willing to accept his, so long as he can meet at least 80 percent of your needs. It can be lonely as a man who has grown up thinking he doesn’t need anybody but himself. A compassionate woman will take the time to understand a man’s burden, helping him to discover the tender parts of his heart.
3. Passionate– Passion is essential to intimacy, and is also the driving force behind what makes life exciting. A passionate woman will have many of her own interests to share with a guy, but she should be just as motivated to share in his own. Keep in mind that being overly passionate may suffocate a guy’s independence by demanding that you spend too much together.
4. Dependable/Loyal– Passion is a strong emotion that brings couples together in romance. However, without dependability, that passion can soon lead to jealousy and anxiety. Men are attracted to women who bring excitement to their life, but if this exhilaration includes the up and down cycles of a roller coaster (She loves me. She loves me not), his attention will be short lived.
5. Attentive– You were born with the need of love and attention, but the true test of your humanity comes from knowing when to give it. There is a fine line between attention and smothering a guy. If you struggle with this balancing act, remember to let the guy guide how much attention he receives, by how much effort he puts into the relationship. Make him work for it, but just don’t make him work too hard.
6. Curious– When you encourage yourself to be curious about a guy, you create the opportunity for him to become curious about you. An inquisitive woman listens to men, taking note of what interests them. With this knowledge under your belt, it is easy to make a suggestion about doing something you know he’ll be interested in, and casually inviting him along without appearing desperate or pushy.
7. Motivated– A woman who does not have the energy to improve on her own life, most likely will not have the motivation to develop a worthwhile relationship. Men are attracted to self-confident/motivated women, especially when she is not afraid to let him take the reins for the first couple of dates.
8. Self-Controlled– Having control of yourself refers to your ability to maintain moderation in all things, including drugs, alcohol, gambling, and sex. Men like a woman who knows how to let loose and have a good time. However, if you don’t have a limit, he may still enjoy hooking up, but will resist committing to the responsibility of taming your wild horses.
9. Patient– Motivation requires that you never delay what you can do today, unless it proves more responsible to wait until tomorrow. Patience allows women to be understanding, but in the state of today’s credit crunch, it also refers to your ability to wait on certain urges until the funds are available. An ever-growing question among singles is, What is your financial history and habits? Today, a bad credit report can cost you a relationship, just as much as a loan.