The scientific community says that the brain of men and women are different. However, in the grand scheme of things, there are enough similarities, to suggest that we should at least understand each other. Unfortunately, when it comes to men, women, and dating, there are several things we’ve never been able to figure out, no matter how hard we try.
- Most of us guys have laughed at the popular kid’s book, Everybody Poops. The problem is, most of us guys have no idea why it is that you ladies occasionally put an abrupt end to an otherwise perfect evening. Well, I propose the release of a new edition for guys, called, Everybody Toots. I think this would help clear up some of the confusion.
- Ladies, men don’t like to tell you about their day, because quite simply, we feel that going through it once is punishment enough!
- I buy one four-pack of toilet paper a month (assuming it is not chili season). Every time I invite a lady over for the evening; one of those rolls mysteriously disappears. Would one of you care to explain?
- We love buying shoes just as much as anyone else. However, once we get to the point where we have a pair for each day of the week, we stop buying.
- Where is the incentive to tell the truth, when each time we do, we just get into more trouble?
- Studies show that women are most attracted to the men who are already taken. And that is beneficial to you in what way?
- I recently found one bobby pin on my sink, went to bed, and woke up to find three. Do these things breed when sprinkled with water, like Gremlins?
- Why do you invite us to go shopping, when it becomes painfully obvious that you have nothing, in particular, you want to buy?
- Why are guys expected to find and satisfy your G-spot, when according to Cosmo Magazine, you haven’t discovered it either?
- How can you stay awake after having sex? Unless we get up to do something, like go home, we’ll be asleep before you get back from the bathroom. We can’t win with this one, as no matter what we choose, we’ll be in trouble.
- How can you tell we’re lying?
- When you tell us your problems, of course, we’re going to want to solve them. How does listening, repeating what you say, and pretending to understand, make you feel any better?
- Let’s get something straight. The number of emoticon “kissy” faces we leave on our messages, has nothing to do with how much we like you!
- Don’t bother telling us that you had a good time after a first date. Every guy knows a goodnight kiss means to call you the next day, a hug puts us in the running for a second date, and a handshake is an automatic invitation to do your taxes.
- Why is it that you rarely know where the spare tire is located on your vehicle? However, you have more than one spare pair of shoes in your trunk, and as far as us guys can tell, those things never go flat.
- Why is it that when a man cheats, it is entirely his fault? However, when a woman cheats, it is still his fault. This is according to studies at the Marymount Manhattan College. I swear; I’m not just making this stuff up.
- Why do you care so much about what other women think? Especially, when you outright admit she’s a bi***.
- How is playing Farmville more fun than killing zombies?
- We understand that you want macho for a one-night stand, and sensitive for a long-term marriage. However, what do we have to do to deserve long-term one-night stands?
- It is true that men sometimes say the words; I love you, so that we can sleep with you. However, that still doesn’t mean we should be obligated to put up the toilet seat.
There will always be things that men and women fail to understand about each other when dating. However, the one thing I have learned over the years, is during an argument when I have something to say (anything to say), it is usually better to hold my tongue, wait it out, and live to say something wrong another day.
This was a guest post by Eric Leech at Urbasm.com